Sunday, May 29, 2011

Prayer for the intercession of St. Michael, the Archangel



On Sunday April 24th 1994, Pope John Paul II recommended this prayer be used by all Catholics as a prayer for the Church when he said:
'"May prayer strengthen us for the spiritual battle we are told about in the Letter to the Ephesians: 'Draw strength from the Lord and from His mighty power' (Ephesians 6:10). The Book of Revelation refers to this same battle, recalling before our eyes the image of St. Michael the Archangel (Revelation 12:7). Pope Leo XIII certainly had a very vivid recollection of this scene when, at the end of the last century, he introduced a special prayer to St. Michael throughout the Church. Although this prayer is no longer recited at the end of Mass, I ask everyone not to forget it and to recite it to obtain help in the battle against forces of darkness and against the spirit of this world."'

I have a special devotion to St. Michael, primarily because my birthday falls on his feast day, September 29. In God, there are no coincidences, I was prematurely born on that date, God allowed it to happened. My late mother almost died when I was born. she was bleeding when she was rushed to the hospital. The doctors attending to my mother, even told my aunts and grandparents that I was no longer breathing and there was no heartbeat. But look, I survived !.....God allowed it to happened that I be born on St. Michael's feast day

No comments:

Post a Comment