Friday, June 3, 2011

June 4, The start of the 9-day novena to St. Anthony of Padua



Prayer to St. Anthony of Padua, The Wonder-Worker

In any need

Saint Anthony, glorious for your miracles and for the Condescension of Jesus in coming as a little child to repose in your arms,
obtrain for me from his bounty the grace which I ardently desire.

You were so compassionate towards sinners,
regard not my unworthiness, but the glory of God,
that it may be magnified by you in connection with the particular request which I now earnestly present to you
(Name your request)

As a pledge of my gratitude,
I beg you to accept my promise to live more faithfully in accordance with the teachings of the church,
and to be devoted to the service of the poor whom you ever loved and still love so greatly.
Bless this resolution, that I may be faithful to it even until death.

Saint Anthony, consoler of all afflicted, pray for me.

Saint Anthony, helper of all who invoke you, pray for me.

Saint Anthony, whom the Infant Jesus so much loved, pray for me.



     Relic/Remains of St. Anthony



No comments:

Post a Comment